Pray, Read, Pray, Reflect…
Luke was an educated Gentile – physician, historian, and traveler – concerned with the logical and historical development of the gospel Jesus proclaimed. He shows that the kingdom of G-d does not have boundaries, the Gospels is for all.
1) What does this introduction reveal about Luke?
2) Who were Zachariah and Elizabeth, their lineage and occupation? (cf. Ex. 30:7-8; 1 Chron. 24:1-10, 19)
3) The angel – his purpose and message?
4) What was Zachariah’s reaction to the message and what was the consequence?
5) Who was John? His birth, relationship to G-d, and his ministry?
6) Have you ever questioned G-d? Were there consequences?
Reflect, Pray, and Give Praise