Pray, Read, Pray, Reflect…
Good morning, here are today’s reflection questions.
- How do Joseph and Mary comply to G-d’s demands (cf. Gen. 17:9-13; Ex. 13:2, 13; Lev. 12)?
- Verse 24 reveals their economics situation (cf. Lev. 12:8)?
- Review the birth, parentage, etc. of Jesus to the other Gospels. What are the differences and similarities?
- his character…
- why was he at the Temple (v.27)?
- how does he view Infant Jesus?
- how does he have insight?
- what is his prophecy about Jesus and Mary?
- Remember Zechariah (cf. vv.31-2 w/ 1:77)?
- in what way does Simeon have revelation beyond that given to Zechariah?
- who was she?
- what is her evaluation and response to the child?
- In a society dominated by traditions and pagan rulers, what is significance about those described within? Why give these stories here?
- Compare this to church and national life today.
- can you characterize yourself as righteous and devout? On what basis.
- how would you respond to any of these callings?
Reflect, Pray, and Give Praise