Pray, Read, Pray, Reflect…
Good morning, here are today’s reflection questions.
- Why is John baptizing (v.3)?
- Contrast this with the reason Jesus is baptized (cf. Mt 3:13-5).
- how does Jesus’ baptism show the extent he identifies with man?
- In what two ways is Jesus’ divine identity shown?
- What is said about His…
- When does Jesus start his public ministry?
- What preparation have you given to your “mission”?
- Or are you “impatient”? Why?
- Jesus’ genealogy of human descent
- His royal descent (cf. v. 32 with 1:32, 69)
- His religious ancestry (cf. 34 with 1:55)
- Why does Jesus as both divine and human have significance for you?
- What is your response to one with such an endorsement?
Reflect, Pray, and Give Praise
Here we will pause, tomorrow we will look at Tehillim (תהלים) (Psalms).