If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior by asking Him into your heart through the person of the Holy Spirit, it would be wise on your part to do so. Confessing with your mouth, audible, out loud, it reinforces the confession and acceptance. Believing in your heart, the quite recognition, that He was raised from the dead do this. Simply pray with your mouth and heart:
Father in heaven, I know that I have sinned and need to be born again. I offer you my life and ask for cleansing through the blood of Jesus Christ. I confess Jesus Christ, as Lord and I believe in my heart that He willingly died for my sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. Holy Spirit, I ask you to come into my heart and make me born anew. Thank you, Father, for doing it through the person of the Holy Spirit, In Jesus’ name. Amen.
When you purchase a new electronic, gadget, t.v., etc., it comes with a handbook, a maintenance plan designed to keep the item at an optimum performance operation. Likewise, there is a simple maintenance book that comes with your confession and baptizo – The Holy Scriptures! This book holds the instructions designed to maintain your right relationship with the Father. It is also designed to keep you at a level of clear awareness to produce a steady supply of hope, joy, peace and prosperity that the world cannot give, nor take away.
THE MAINTENANCE PLAN
I. Get into a local, Spirit-filled, Bible-believing Church – Acts 2:1-4
- It doesn’t have to be glorious in the external sense. It does not have to have a large number of members, but it should be a place where, within your heart, you sense God would have you to be. You could even be meeting with believers in someone’s home. A place wherein its members have a heart and longing for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ and display fervency of spirit in prayer and the study of the Word of God.
- James 4:4 – Many influences to entice you, but being with other followers of Jesus, and meeting regularly, will help you encounter those enticements.
- Matthew 18:20; Hebrews 10:25 – If left alone, the wolf will eat you. If a hot coal is taken away from the rest of the burning coal fire, it will go cold quickly. The fire of the believer is likewise.
- A Daily Devotional Time
- Ephesians 6:18 – armed with prayer, meditative thought, and scripture reading. This helps to awaken the spirit and set straight the day’s path.
- A portion of time for
- prayer concerning the matters of the day
- scripture reading
- meditative thought
- results will last an entire day, all you need is 5-30 min in the morning
- repeat this procedure at mid-day
- repeat before retiring for the night – Daniel 6:10; Proverbs 20:27; Acts 1:14
II. Speaking and Thinking Good Things – Philippians 4:8-9
- Hebrews 10:23; Ephesians 4:22
- Filthy communications corrupt good manners.
- Ephesians 5:19; 2 Corinthians 10:5; Psalms 1:2
- clear, scriptural key to maintaining a spirit-filled, faith-activated experience is that of speaking to God, ourselves and others in spiritual songs, concepts of truth, things that are good, pure and lovely.
- learn to acknowledge with our thoughts all of these things.
- 1 Peter 2:9; Revelation 5:10
- should see Christ in the believers around us and think on virtuous things and recognize our place in Christ as kings and priests.
III. Sharing Thy Faith
- Luke 15:10; Mark 16:15; Luke 14:23
- This will stimulate spiritual experience
- a chance to put faith into action
- dynamism, charisma, and stability, but witnessing will produce an experience unique only to itself.
- there is joy in the presence of God’s holy angels when one sinner comes to repentance
- share the Gospel and lead others to the living waters
- a prime objective, the great commission that Christ called you to do
- He said to go out into the highways and by-ways and compel them to come in. If you do not, who will?
- Proverbs 11:30
- Witnessing or sharing faith should never be rooted in guilt, but rather in joy, a fervency of the great experience
- the Spirit of the Lord will give the words to say even though, in your logical mind, you do not think that you would know what to say. Remember, the scriptures say, the person that wins souls is wise.